Thursday, January 1, 2009

Psalms & Comfort

I often turn to the Psalms when I need comfort, support, focus, and straightening out. I always find just what I need. Today, I offer you a short, straightforward, and potent Psalm, from 118, v. 5: "In distress, I've called out to God, and God answered me by setting me free."
Setting me free...... free from whatever encumbers me in my own mind and heart, so that I can soar and be more truly "me" and let my soul shine.

What encumbers you right now? What is in your control, what it not? What can be changed? What can set you free? What prayers do you offer up to God to help you recognize where you need to be freer? What does God say to you to set you free?
Meditating on clouds is a great way to feel weightless, and can help to free you from pain, whether that pain be physical or emotional. It clears your head and heart, enabling you to see your situation more clearly. Sometimes, I imagine that I am flying, soaring higher than the birds, seeing my situation using the eagle's vision. The perspective aids in helping me feel more free, and certainly strengthens me.

No comments:

Post a Comment