Thursday, January 1, 2009

Listen with the EAR in your H-EAR-T

How do you know when you are getting in your own way? How do you know it's you, and not the universe that is making life difficult? What are the signals or coincidences that occur to clue you in?

For me, it's when I feel that I am spinning my wheels, or making this long, seemingly uphill climb and not seeing any signs that I am getting closer to my goal. I also get very snippy with people, and that's a big clue for me that I am not tending to my needs and probably doing too much for other people, or just doing too much and not giving myself enough rest and time out. When I start to feel like a victim and I hear myself say things that I don't say when I'm "going with the flow" then I know I need to back off.

In my counseling practice, I often see the path more clearly than my clients do, since they are often experiencing foggy vision due to their pain/fear/anger, so I have to patiently wait for their vision to clear and then help them find their answers. It's all in how we see the world and what clouds or clears our vision. It's also what we hear with the "ear" in our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment