Thursday, January 1, 2009

Movement

A friend sent me a list of sayings and I picked out two that made me stop and pause: from Albert Einstein: "Life is like a bicycle--to keep your balance you must keep moving." A Yiddish proverb states, "You can't control the wind, but you can adjust your sails." Movement. Sometimes I move without thinking about it.... and other times I must stop before I make my next move. Oftentimes during a busy day, I keep moving and rarely stop and I'm exhausted by the end of the day. Towards that end, I am making myself pause in doorways (when it's safe!) to catch my breath, awaken my awareness, become conscious to get out of autopilot mode and even say a little prayer. How often the winds of our day carry us to and fro, and our own little boat of Self gets tossed around, yet we manage to adjust our sails and keep going. Sometimes, big waves crash down on us and we are overcome, nearly sinking. We pull through it, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment