Thursday, January 1, 2009

Eternal Presence

How do you know that HaShem is with you? Do you consciously sense it? Do you see it? What evidence do you look towards to know that The Creator is with you? This thought occurred to me yesterday as I was nearly run off the road on the highway by a crazy driver. In moments like that, when we are saved from something horrible, we feel that "someone, some force is watching out for me." Some people might even think that "it's not my time yet" so that is why I was spared.
It is in those moments we might sense HaShem's presence most keenly, as is written in Psalm 18, v.17-19:
"He reached down from on high, He took me,
He drew me out of deep waters.
He saved me from my mighty enemy,
And my foes who were stronger than I.
They confronted me on the day of my calamity,
But Adonai was my support."

Yet, it is also in those small moments, when nothing "big" seems to be happening, the moments may seem mundane, or common, but Adonai is also with us then.

No comments:

Post a Comment